Are you a beginner on TikTok and looking for how to make a TikTok video to show your amazing creativity around the globe? So you are at the right place; in this guide, we have shared all the essential information on how you can make your first viral TikTok post.
What is TikTok?
Bytedance (developing video-sharing sites) launched TikTok in September 2016. TikTok is becoming more popular day by day, with 1 billion active users, and has created its name among all large social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
On this platform, users share short-form video content to interact with followers. Most creators make videos in these genres: lip-syncing videos, dance videos, comedy videos, challenges videos, duets videos, recipe videos, How-to videos, outfits of the day, and much more.
|Pro Tip: You can switch your standard account to a business; if you have a business, it is a great way to expand your business with the TikTok community.
Things to Know Before Making Your First TikTok
- Use Trending Audio: Music is the most essential part of TikTok, and many users explore the platform through trending audio. Moreover, creating videos with trending music helps you to get more views on your content.
- Know Your Audience: Usually, on TikTok, there are two types of audience: Gen Z and Millennial. Try to figure out which type of audience most likes your videos, and plan your content according to your follower’s interest and demand.
- Start Strong and Make Snappy Videos: Make sure your video is short and has a key message on your video. The first few seconds of your video grab user attention because users keep scrolling until they find something interesting.
- Add Hashtags and captions: Hashtags play a vital role in how content is organized and appears on TikTok. Add high-volume relevant hashtags and type proper captions for your video, making the video easy to find.
- Don’t Stop at One: Regularly posting is the key to success on TikTok, so don’t post just one video and wait for the views. TikTok recommends posting 1-4 videos in a day to figure out what your followers most like in your content.
- Don’t aim for Perfection: To make a TikTok as a beginner, you don’t have to invest in high-quality lights and fancy backgrounds. Just present yourself as you like; if you are satisfied with your content, your audience will be too.
How to Make a TikTok Video on iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices
Note: You can make TikTok videos using its app, which is only available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Click the + sign at the center bottom of the screen.
- Use pre-recorded videos from your device, or you can record a new video by clicking the red circle.
- Select how long you want to make your video, between 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
- Click on Adjust Clips to trim the length of the video.
- Tap on the Music icon on the upper side of the screen to add sound to your video.
- Click the Effects option to add text, stickers, transitions, and much more to your video. If your video conveys the message, add captions to improve accessibility.
- Click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to post this video.
- Add descriptions and hashtags for the video and tag other people.
- Click Allow Duet or select your privacy settings.
- Select a cover to adjust the appearance of the video and click on the post button.
|Pro Tip: Tap on drafts if you don’t want to post a video right after making it; you can save it on drafts and post it later whenever you want.
Creating Tiktok with Multiple Photos and Videos
- Hit the + sign button to start making a video.
- Click Upload to select multiple photos and videos from the mobile gallery.
- To change the order of the photos and videos, click on Adjust clips.
- There are options on the right side menu, like trimming, adding filters, and adjusting the speed to use them that is necessary for your video.
- Add sound and use the rest of the options that are essential for your video.
- Add details along with relevant hashtags and click on the Post button.
Check this out: How To Make A Playlist On TikTok In 2 Ways
Functions to Record and Edit a TikTok Video
Below, we describe how the TikTok app’s built-in features help you to record and edit your post.
- Flip: This feature works for swiping the front and back camera.
- Speed: This button gives you the ability to shoot your video in fast and slow motion.
- Beauty: This adds a soft focus filter to enhance the object of the video.
- Filters: Select among the large library of filters that change the color and saturation.
- Timer: Use the self-timer to start a 3-10-second countdown before starting the video, and you can also select the time of the video. This feature allows you to record a video without any stress.
- Sounds: This is the uppermost essential part of making a TikTok video incredibly amazing. We recommend that you choose the trending songs because it helps the video to get more views and likes.
- Effects: There is a huge variety of effects, and it allows you to add multiple effects to one video.
- Text: You can write a message and name anything that appears as an overlay throughout the video.
- Stickers: Add stickers to make your video more appealing.
- Adjust clips: You can rearrange the clips of the video and trim the length of the start and end of the video.
- Voice effects: You can add different voice effects to change your voice.
- Voiceover: Do voiceover on TikTok; this is the best way for your videos to become viral.
- Captions: This feature is a blessing for all the creators who add their voices to the video. TikTok analyzes your voice and adds captions to the post.
10 Tips to Make a TikTok Video Viral
More than one billion active users are using TikTok around the globe. From country to country, all the people’s interests are in different types of content. For example, a large audience of TikTok likes to watch lip-syncing and challenging videos, while some like dancing and funny clips.
You can make videos according to your niche and follow these tips to go viral on TikTok.
- Understand TikTok Algorithm.
- Participate in TikTok trends and challenges.
- Use relevant hashtags.
- Upload short and engaging content.
- Keep in touch with your audience.
- Collaborate with other creators.
- Use trending songs or your own voice.
- Shoot vertically
- Include a call to action, like, comment, and share.
- Post frequently and also share content on another platform.
Can I Make a TikTok Video on PC?
The TikTok app itself is a great video-creating and editing feature for Android and iOS devices, but you can’t make a TikTok on a PC. However, to make a TikTok on the computer, you will need a third-party tool.
Here are some tools to edit your videos on PC to make your TikTok more professional.
- AI TikTok video Editor
6 Mistakes to Avoid as a Content Creator on TikTok
- Ignoring Trends and Audio: If you are not participating in challenges and ignoring the trends, you are not successful on TikTok. You don’t need to do high research on which type of content you make; trying different trends and participating in challenges is enough to make you popular on TikTok.
- Uploading Landscape and Poor Quality Videos: Avoid uploading landscape frames of videos because the majority of TikTok users are using TikTok on smartphones. However, always post videos in high quality with vertical frames to get Gen Z’s attention.
- Being Inconsistent: Consistency is the key to growth on any social media platform. On TikTok, the turnover of videos is high, and trends change overnight; posting on alternate days makes your content irrelevant to the community.
- Over Promotion: TikTok users come on the platform for entertainment and connecting with other people. If every video you post is a promotional or sales video, you risk losing audience trust. It is important to balance your promotional content and genuine, entertaining content to engage your viewers.
- Lengthy Videos: Don’t make a 10-minute full video; try to make your video short and interesting. The best way to make a long video is to divide your video into 3 to 4 parts; it reduces the length of the video, and users get curious about your video.
- Ignoring Analytics: TikTok provides insight analytics to know which type of content your audience most likes. According to your audience’s interest and engagement time, you can improve your content and decide posting times.
You can record your TikTok video by tapping on the red button to start the video and again tap the red button to stop the video. Repeat this process from different scenes and angles to shoot your complete video.
Download the TikTok app on your mobile phone and follow these steps: Choose the method to sign up and enter your birthday > verify your email address or phone number > create password and username > add a profile picture, bio, and name.
Based on TikTok’s unique algorithm, everybody can be viral on the platform. No matter if you are a newbie or an experienced tiktoker.
TikTok creator eligibility criteria are creator must be 18 years old and have at least 10000 followers and 100,000 video views over the last 30 days.
Just like Instagram and other social media marketing strategies, you can also use TikTok for brand awareness and to generate sales.
Yes, you can schedule your TikTok videos and post them whenever you want with the help of Hootsuite, Social Pilot, Planable, and Buffer.
- Can You See Who Views Your TikTok? Quizzical To Resolve
- How To See What You Reposted On TikTok
- How To Save TikTok Video To Your Camera Roll