Are you making content for your TikTok and want to add a voiceover to it? But you don’t know how to do voice over on TikTok to go viral. You are at the right place in this setup; we have share step by step guide for adding voiceover in 2 methods, some tips, and some trending voiceovers on TikTok.
TikTok Voice Over
A TikTok voiceover or voice effect is basically a tool that is a live or pre-recorded voice. It specifies the action happening within a video to sound an opinion, to jump on a TikTok trend, or even just from a comic effect.
Users can add the voice-over to their own voice in the post and can replace the speech in a video from camera roll and text to speech. It lets the users enhance and narrate their TikTok video posts. Moreover, this feature lets the content creators personalize their posts by dropping extra recorded audio on top of their video’s original sound.
NOTE: You can do voiceovers on your Android and iOS device as it is not available for PC.
How to do Voice Over on TikTok
- Launch the TikTok app and log in to your account if you have not.
- Tap on the + icon you will see at the bottom of your screen.
- After that, tap on the upload option and choose the video from the camera roll that you want to add on TikTok or record a live video.
- Now add the additional effects in your video, like filters, and then tap on the red check mark option.
- Then tap on the voice over (audio effects) option looks like a small microphone. You will see the option by expanding the editing menu.
- Now, the video will appear with a white marker and an editing timeline. Here, place the white marker at the point where you want the voiceover to start.
- Then click on the record button or microphone icon to record the TikTok voiceover and stop the recording by tapping on the record button again.
- Now, check the quality of the voice-over by playing the video. If you don’t like it, press the X tab to remove the voiceover.
- Tap on the next option and, edit the post as you want and post it.
NOTE: Keep in mind that you can’t record a voice over in video to another voice over. But you can record multiple voiceovers for a TikTok video. To do that, drag the white marker to that part of the video where you want to add the voiceover, repeat the procedure, and set the time duration.
How to do Voice Over on TikTok via Text-to-Speech Feature
Another method to do voiceovers on this social media app is via text-to-speech feature. The app has 5 AI voice incarnations to select from with different English, including (American, British, and Australian) in male or female voices. Here are the steps on how to use the TikTok voiceover generator.
- Record a video or upload a video from the camera roll on TikTok.
- Now tap on the text option from the video editing options.
- Then, type and enter the caption that you want to be in the voiceover.
- Click on the text box and choose the text-to-speech option.
- After that, select the voice style, like calm or serious, that you want.
NOTE: To multiple voices over in your TikTok post, create multiple text boxes, enter captions, and add them to the post.
How to Add More Effects on a Voiceover on TikTok
Suppose you don’t find a specific voiceover effect on TikTok. In this case, you can use a video editing application to manipulate your voiceover. For editing your videos, you can consider the below-mentioned apps or software.
Most Trending Voice Overs on TikTok
On TikTok’s social media platform, users use background music, people’s sound, voice filters, and lip sync for their posts. However, adding voiceover is the most trending way of making TikTok videos for GenZ users and millennial users as well.
The most trending voiceovers on TikTok are Siri trickster Chipmunk, robot, and many more. Voice effects engage the audience by adding unique inflections and increasing the pitch of a voice.
Why Should Content Creators Add Voiceover on Their TikTok Posts?
So, are you thinking that you should use voiceover on your TikTok post or not? Well, adding voice effects to a TikTok post can bring many benefits for a content creator. Here, we have described some main benefits of adding sound effects to TikTok video content.
- Add more Creativity: you can add variety to your content strategy with the voiceover in your TikTok content.
- Convenience of Language: Voice over feature allows you to reach your content to a more diverse audience using dubbing in various languages.
- Increase Professionalism: adding voice-over in your videos can add a layer of professionalism and make your content highly standardized instantly.
- Get More Likes and Views: a good TikTok video with a captivating voiceover can encourage your audience to view and like your video.
- Flexible Timing: with this feature, you can adjust the timing of your dialog to match the tempo of the video.
- Edit videos Easily: It allows you to edit your video easily as the audio and video tracks are separate.
Our Recommendations for a Great Voiceover
You will get many mediocre voiceovers when browsing TikTok, like intone narration, poor sound quality, and background noise. So, to make a great and viral TikTok post, here we have shared some tips that you should consider.
- Just be yourself – do not add a fake voice that does not sound like you because there is no need to pretend like you are Elon Musk.
- Plan your story that you want to say earlier because you need a clear idea to tell your audience. But keep in mind that don’t read a script as it is not a TikToker vibe.
- Make balance: when you are recording for your post, don’t speak too slowly and too fast. Because people get bored and scroll away; plus, if you speak too fast, people will not understand what you are saying. Also, keep in mind that hold the microphone close to your mouth when you are recording.
- Speak clearly– while recording, say your words clearly so the viewer can understand them easily.
- Try to record in one take – sounds natural when you record your post in one take. You can try a few times to get it accurate, but there is no need to record 15 times till it’s picture-perfect because it sounds overdone.
- Use the in-built feature to add captions for more reachable to the audience before publishing your post.
Select speech to text option in the TikTok app and then select a robot voice option. To add a robot voice over in your post.
Once you record the reel, tap on the preview > tap voiceover > hold to record audio over the video > tap done and share it.
- How To See What You Reposted On TikTok?
- How To Make A Playlist On TikTok In 2 Ways
- How To Save TikTok Video To Your Camera Roll