In January 2007, Microsoft released another version of Windows operating system (OS), Windows Vista, that succeeded Windows XP. However, in April 2012, Microsoft terminated its support for Windows Vista and released Windows 7. The company started not to negotiate the Product keys for Windows Vista on its official site.
But what if you want to use Windows Vista on your system and want to download Vista on your system right now? Well, you don’t have to worry about it because you can still install and activate Windows Vista in 2023 after Microsoft ended its support for Windows Vista.
Also, check out this guide: Windows 7 Vs Windows 10
About Windows Vista Product Keys or Activation Keys
Once you have installed Windows Vista on your PC, you need its activation key, product key, or serial key. You have to enter the key to activate and access the features of Windows Vista on your PC. The key consists of 25 alphanumerical numbers or codes.
Note: Keep in mind that Windows Vista does not support Itanium and systems without ACPI.
When Windows is activated, you can get the latest updates and security patches from Microsoft. However, the features include a graphical user interface, better search functionality, redesigned networking, and better communication between devices on home networks with parallel technology.
Moreover, Windows Vista has .NET Framework version 0.3 that lets the developers write applications without Windows APIs. You can use the activation keys in the below-mentioned Windows Vista edition that works on 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista (Enterprise) Service Pack
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
List of Active Windows Vista Product Keys
- Windows Vista Starter Product Key
- Activation key for Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium Product Keys
- Vista (Enterprise) Service Pack Product Keys
- Product Keys for Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business Product Key
How to Activate Windows Vista
If you want to get all the features of Windows Vista, then you must activate the product key.
NOTE: Keep in mind that once you have installed Windows Vista on your system, you have a month to activate it.
However, if you don’t activate it till the time ends, many functions of Windows Vista will be deactivated. While you can’t activate your Windows Vista via an automated phone system as this service is now out of date.
Here are the steps you can follow to activate Windows Vista.
- Click on the start menu and then click on the computer from the pop-up options.
- Now, the toolbar will appear here; click on the system properties option.
- After that, click on the click here to activate now in the activation area option then you will be asked to enter your password. Enter the password and click on the Continue tab.
- Then, you will see the Windows Vista activation key method option; click on that to activate your Windows Vista.
How to Activate Windows Vista Without Product Keys
Suppose the above product keys are not working for the activation of Vista. In this situation, you don’t have to worry because Windows Vista can be activated with the command prompt.
Below, we have shared the steps you can follow to activate Windows Vista without the key.
- Hold the Windows key and R key at the same time to launch the run box.
- Type CMD in the run box to open the command prompt.
- After that, you have to type: slmgr [machinename [userpass]] [option] to run the slmgr command.
- Restart your system; then, you will get the Vista license status and keys.
How to Check Active Product Key on Windows Vista?
Suppose you have activated Windows Vista on your PC or laptop and want to check your product keys. So, follow the below-mentioned steps to check the product key.
- Launch the Run box by pressing the windows and R keys at the same time.
- Now type regedit in the run search field and click on the enter tab.
- After that, a new window will appear on your screen; here, click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE option.
- Then click on the software option to open the different files.
- Here, click on the product key to check which product key you are using on your Windows Vista.
Can I upgrade Windows Vista to Windows 10 for free without a CD?
Basically, you don’t. If you want to update Windows Vista to Windows 10 for free, you have to purchase a license key for Windows 10.
Is Windows Vista free?
Basically, Windows Vista is not free. To use Windows Vista, you have to purchase a license key. However, the price of the license key depends on the edition and the region you live in. The home basic edition is the inexpensive option, whereas the enterprise edition is the most expensive.
That is all for the latest active product keys for Windows Vista. Keep in mind time to time, the product keys become invalid. So, stay tuned with us as we will upgrade our content and share with you the latest product keys for Vista’s all edition.
- How To Disable Laptop Keyboard On Windows 11
- System_Service_Exception: Fix (XXXX.Sys) In Windows 10
- Unidentified Network Error! Get 7 Quick Fixes (Windows 10)