Are you from the US and want to get a free iPad or tablet from government programs? So Read this guide if you don’t have enough money to buy one for yourself to study or for any other purpose. However, to apply for the free tablet, you have to fill out the online application form.
So, let us get started to get the details for applying for a free tablet in the United States.
How to Apply for Online Application to Get a Free tablet in the US
Suppose you are from a low-income family and you don’t have enough money to get a tablet for studying or any other professional purpose. So here are the steps you should follow to fill out the online application form to get a free Govt tablet in the US.
Step 1: Choose the Worthy Government Program
First of all, you have to start searching for free tablet government programs available at different levels. Choose the most suitable option to get a free tablet. However, there are various government programs you will come across when you browse for them.
- Federal Programs
- State Level Programs
- Local Administration Initiatives
Step 2: Check Eligibility
Now you have to check if you meet the eligibility criteria for the Government program to apply for the online application form to get the free tablet, which includes;
- The issuer must be 18 years old.
- The annual home income must be at 200% or below the federal poverty guidelines.
- The issuer must be a resident of the United States of America.
- Don’t have any other active internet service plans.
- The issuer or one of its family members should be registered in the following programs.
- Federal Pell Grant
- SSI: supplemental security Income
- SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- FPHA: Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Tribal TANF: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Free school lunch program
- Supplemental nutrition program for Women, infants, and children.
- Veterans Pensions and Survivors Benefits
Step 3: Collect Documents to Show Eligibility Requirements
After checking the eligibility of the program, you have to collect the necessary documents to prove your eligibility. The documents you require to deliver while filling out the online application form process to get the free tablet in the US are:
- Income Proof: gather documents that verify your income-based eligibility, like pay stubs and tax returns.
- ID Documentation: also collect copies of IDs to prove your identity, like a driver’s license, state-issued ID card, and passport.
- Address Documents: collect the documents to confirm your residency, like utility bills, rental agreements, or mortgage statements.
- Assistance Program Document: gather the documents depending on the program you are applying for, like a disability determination letter and birth certificate for veterans. If you are applying to get a free tablet for your child, then you will provide school enrollment proof.
Step 4: Fill Online Application Form to Get a Free Tablet
After collecting all the necessary documents, you have to fill out the online application form. Check the instructions carefully and put all the necessary details accurately, like your name and contact information. Also, attach all the required documents to the online application form.
Step 5: Submit your Application
After filling out the form and attaching the document, submit your application according to the program’s instructions. You can apply via an online portal, email, or in person at a selected center.
NOTE: Double-check the information you put in the form before submitting the form.
Step 6: Keep Checking Out on your Application
Suppose you do not get the response within a deadline. That is why keep track of your online application form by contacting the organization responsible for the Govt free tablet programs. You probably need to provide other information to complete the procedure.
However, if your application is approved, then you will get instructions from the program regarding the distribution of the tablet process. The instructions may include picking up your tablet at the designated place or having it dispatched to your home.
Free Tablets Provided by the Govt Programs
The government delivers tablets depending on the state institution and convenience. Furthermore, they provide free tablets that are in a better working state. And has basic features such as a microphone and internet webcam.
Here, we have share tablets that are provided by the government programs.
- Apple iPad 2020 8th generation
- Apple iPad 12.9 inch iPad Pro 2021
- Google Chromebook
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus Tablet
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- Fire HD 10 Tablet plus Amazon Standing Case
- Vortex tablet
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 Platinum
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
NOTE: You can’t specify which company tablet and model you want to get under the government program.
Best Companies That Offer Free Tablet
- Assurance Wireless
- T mobile EBB Tablet
- Q Link Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- City Communication
- Maxsip Telecom
- StandUp Wireless
- Ecess Telecom Tablet
- TruConnect Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
If you want to apply and fill out the online application form for a free tablet, open these provider sites and check whether they deliver services in your region.
US States that Provide Free Government Tablet
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
- South Dakota