Are you amongst those who have experienced a system crash? A Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) may appear in the system_service_exception (XXXX.sys) error when you upgrade your Windows system. Or if it occurs due to corrupted or outdated drivers, then our aim for our discussion revolves around how to fix it when it appears from different screen death errors due to system_service_exception.
Before getting into the section on how to fix your system error in your Windows 10, let’s learn its brief introduction and what are the prime cause for occurring in your system.
What is System_Service_Exception Error?
System_service_exception error can occur because the system stops the screen by relaying a stop code, resulting in its crash. Unfortunately, such an error can emerge unexpectedly and without prior system notification. After corrupting the system, it may cause you to lose your data or vital system files. It can be due to a Graphic user interface, corrupted system files, outdated or corrupted drivers, or system files.
What Causes your System to Freeze due to a System Crash?
The following can be a few reasons you face a blue screen of death via system_service_exception error.
- Incompatible, damaged, or outdated drivers for Windows10 or 11
- Malware or Cyberattack
- System error or bug
- Corrupted system files
- Damaged or unavailable Windows registry
- Hard drive bad divisions
- RAM issues
How to Fix: System_Service_Exception error
Following is the list of system_service_exception errorsthat manifest themselves in various forms and types of system spots. If you encounter such a system freeze, follow some helpful tips to troubleshoot your BSOD system_service_exception error.
Let’s get started with a snapshot of how to resolve the system_service_exception error efficiently.
- Update your drivers because outdated or damaged drivers can result in it.
- Upgrade your Windows 10 or 11 as outdated system files can sometimes cause you to lose some of its files in the halted system.
- Corrupted Windows files demand its replacement with the command prompt as Admin.
- Uninstall Installed Programs if any running program is causing the system_service_exception error.
- Reset your computer
Firstly, restart your system after disconnecting all your external USB devices. Then try to boot your Windows in Safe Mode, where Windows lets you troubleshoot your system with its minimum requirements. You can even troubleshoot your system if you get any glitches in running device drivers.
What if it frequently appears on your system restart screen? Then look for other alternates instead. Let’s get started with each one of them, respectively.
BSOD (dxgkrnl.sys) – Windows 10
It occurs due to outdated Graphic Card Drivers.
- To resolve, you need to download Nvidia updated driver.
- Switch off the Nvidia surround, thenfinally disable SLI.
BSOD (dxgmms2.sys) – Windows 10
The memory corruption in the DirectX memory manager causes this sort of error for the WDDM 2.0 driver.
- To fix it by running the driver verifier, then update Direct XManager.
- After its successful upgrade, roll back your Graphic Card Driver to the former setting.
It concerns Antivirus program errors. You can resolve this by Deactivating or uninstalling
- Your Antivirus Software,
- NVIDIA Graphic Card Driver, or
- Network Access Manager program
BSOD (3b) or 0x3b
- 3bis one of two problems that relay RAM placement into the wrong slot. It leads to a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error.
- In contrast, 0x3bcausesa graphic card driver error that you can resolve by removing your graphic driver from its slot for some time.
However, 3bis of graphic card driver error due to your antivirus, security programs, or memory mapping.
It concerns your audio driver error.
To fix it, you need to remove Intel Rapid Storage Technology applications.
- You can then upgrade your Realtek Audio Driver by uninstalling AMD or NVIDIA drivers.
- Once you have uninstalled it try to reinstall your updated driver.
Download and install your upgraded graphic driver. Then replace the driver corrupted file with a newer one.
- To do that, navigate your driver folder system directory <C:\Windows\System32\Drivers> then rename “atikmdag.sys” to “atikmdag.sys. old.”
- Then search for <C:\ATI and find the file atikmdag.sy_> and copy it to your desktop.
- Now, press “WINDOWS + X” to launch your command prompt as Admin. Insert the following command in the command prompt one by one. Then execute the command by pressing “Enter.”
expand.exe atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys
- If the above command does not work, enter: “expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys”.
- Once you’ve done the expansion process, copy the new “sys” system file to the system driver folder” C:\Windows\System32\Drivers” from the desktop.
- Finally, reboot your computer to get your amendment into effect.
Cdd.dll is an old bug that stands for Windows Canonical Display Driver. To resolve this, roll back or uninstall your graphic driver because it occurs due to an updated Windows or newer graphic card driver.
- Remove virtual drive or any other software. Then, check for updates in DirectX.
- After that, you can uninstall your Graphics Drivers.
Etd.sys stands for ELAN Touch pad Driver, esp. for PS2 Port Smart Pad. A glitch in your touchpad driver mainly concerns ATHRX.sys extendible wireless LAN driver manufactured by Atheros Communications, Inc. you have reinstalled your updated driver. It will surely help you fix your concern.
To fix your fltmgr.sys error,
- Run your system file checker.
- Update your Graphics driver via downloading it from the related driver website and installing it in your system.
A couple of the following reasons can be its causes that result in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
- In the case of Lucid Logix Virtu MVP GPU or Zone Alarm, it requires either upgrading or uninstalling it.
- System restore can be a handy option to roll back to the previous functional mode. If you have discrete GPU, then deactivate Intel integrated Graphics
- Another option can be to enforce Windows driver update using command prompt instruction like
wuauclt.exe /update now
To reinstall your Intel Driver for Rapid Storage, check for your drive SMART status via HD Tune whether it’s a hardware issue.
System_service_exception errors like (ks.sys) can be due to Antivirus Software, outdated drivers, or CloneDrive.
- To fix that, uninstall Skype, HP device driver or
- Rollback display driver.
“Mfehidk.sys” is a system processing file that runs in the background. In addition, it maintains the detection system for host intrusion using McAfee Antivirus. Because corrupted, outdated, or misconfigured McAfee antivirus software can result in such errors. Therefore, to avoid that, you can easily uninstall your McAfee Life Safe.
Follow the instructions to fix and repair your Windows system file in the command prompt.
- You have to rename your driver system file to “bak” by locating C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mfehidk.sys
- Then reboot your computer system after updating the command prompt instruction.
To resolve ntfs.sys error, try some of the ways are:
- Uninstall Bit defender Antivirus or Web root if you are using Windows 10.
- You can update your Windows system. In its absence, use Safe mode to apply to command prompt instructions like: exe /update now
- You can also remove virtual Clone Drive from your hard drive.
- Run “CHKDSK” then sfc/scan now to replace any damaged or lost file in the Windows component store to fix your concern until it says “did not find any integrity violations.”
If you encounter “nvlddmkm.sys,” then choose an option.
- Remove NVIDIA drivers and use the default driver
- If the driver is damaged, corrupted, or missing, use the instruction “dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health” in the command prompt Safe Mode.
- You can update Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters or BIOS.
It is related to the Realtek Audio driver error. So, to resolve it, you have to reinstall the latest version of the Realtek Audio sound driver.
Sometimes system antivirus has corrupted system files or interferes with other system software. Therefore, it is pretty essential to deactivate your Norton antivirus software.
- Reinstall or update your latest Antivirus software in Safe Mode.
- Avoid using Norton with Windows Defender as it may result in a system_service_exception
“Tcpip.sys” is a network component crash indication in outdated network drivers. To fix it,
- Update your network driver with the latest version using the official website.
- Install “Intel Driver Update Utility” by downloading it from Intel’s official website.
- Sometimes, you can face “tcpip.sys” error due to AVG antivirus installation. To fix, uninstall AVG software while installing other antivirus software.
Well, that’s the time to wrap up our conclusion. Hopefully, I didn’t miss out on anything essential while explaining the system_service_exception in your Windows 10 or 11 version.