Why can’t I share a post to a story on Instagram in 2023? Instagram is famous for its fun features though the most interesting so far is that you can share someone’s Post directly to your Story. However, peoples are more into watching Instagram stories rather than feeds.
Instagram has some strict policies which only allow you to share those posts which are eligible to share means are public domain. Therefore, if the account is private, you wouldn’t see the share button on the Post.
But what if we make you share any Instagram post to your Story possible – Yeah, you heard correct. Moreover, we’ll discuss the problem people usually face regarding not sharing a post to Instagram Story. However, there are certain reasons why you can’t do this, but we’ll make it easy for you in this article.
Reasons which Hurdles You in Sharing Posts to Instagram Stories
- The Post you wanted to share maybe was private by the post owner.
- The Instagram version needs to be updated.
- Unnecessary bugs inside the system.
- Instagram might have issues with you sharing a post to stories.
- Log in with several accounts could be a reason.
- The account you’re sharing could be private.
Top 5 Fixes that Resolve the Issue can’t Share Post to the Instagram Story In 2023
We’d continue exploring again and again until your issue gets resolved. Because possibilities could vary and we don’t know which one is stick with you. So continue the process of fixing it on the app itself.
1. Enable the allow sharing to story button
Enable the allow sharing to story button if it’s off. The method of doing this is simple. All you need is to follow the procedure underneath
- Launch your Instagram app and tap on your profile option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on 3 parallel horizontal lines at the upper right of the screen and tap on the privacy
- Scroll down and turn on the button “allow sharing to story” if it’s turned off.
If it still doesn’t fix, turn off the allow sharing to story button and open it again after closing and opening Instagram. Maybe this might solve your problem.
2. Put your account on public mode
Sometimes problems occur from a place we didn’t think of. Maybe switching your account from private to public will solve the issue. Learn how to do that.
- Open your Instagram app, tap on your profile icon and click on 3 parallel horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on settings and then go to
- And turn the private account option off by toggling it to left
This will make your account public, which means your account is no more private. Therefore, the problem of not sharing a post on the Instagram story might also resolve.
3. Offload your Instagram app
Usually, it happens sometimes that software is left with certain bugs that create a problem afterward in the face of missing icons, glitches, etc.
That’s why offloading your Instagram will reinstall your app in a way that all your files or activities stay the same and secure nothing vanishes. Simply follow the method of doing this. However, you can only do this method froman iphone only.
- Go to your iphonesettings and tap on general, then tap the iphone storage
- Scroll down and search for the Instagram icon and open it.
- Then tap on the offload app option, and the system will automatically reinstall and fix little bug issues from the app’s software.
Apply this strategy when you don’t find a share to your Story button.
4. Clearing cache from the app
A cache is a collection of particular data hidden somewhere beneath. Therefore, it creates several problems for the app whenever it gets excessive. So after a while, clearing a cache gives life to your app.
- To clear a cache, go to your settings and enter apps in the search bar.
- Open the apps and tap on Instagram.
- Tap on the clear cache option, and it’ll remove all cache from your app.
5. Report your problem to the Instagram help center
So far, the last option is to report your problem to the Instagram help center and let Instagram solve your issue.
- Launch your Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Go to settings, type help in the search bar, and open the help
- Tap on report & problem popup appears. Select the same option again from the popup.
- Describe your issue and tap on
Share the Post to Your Instagram Story without a Share Button in 2023
There are situations when you won’t find the share to story button on any post. This happens if you’re sharing a sponsor ad post because this type of Post is not sharable. Although, if you struggle to share a normal post, we have your back then.
We’ll give you some tips on sharing posts to your Story without a share button, and you can use this trick as an alternative. But for legal configuration, you need to ask the owner about his Post.
If he approves your request, share it without any hassle though this process works for post pics only instead of video. In that case, if you want to share a video, then you need to download it. The method we’ll discuss is downloading a video or pic post and later on sharing it to your Instagram story.
- Open your Instagram and select which Post you want to download.
- At the upper right corner of the Post, click 3 dots.
- Tap on copy link option from the popup.
- Go to your web browser, type app in the URL, and hit enter.
- Paste the link in the given section and click download shown on the right side of the link you paste.
However, this will download a particular video or pic from Instagram so you can share it to your Instagram Story afterward.
Sharing the Post to a story on Instagram 2023 is pretty casual because there are several reasons for this problem share. However, we briefly describe what possibilities drown you in this situation so you can fix your issue.
Moreover, in a situation where you still have this problem then, we also define how to report Instagram for your issue. Additionally, we also share with you a method of how you can share a post to your Instagram story without the share button.