Nowadays, it is hard to find someone who does not have a pair of NIKE Air force Ones (1s). Most people procure these same shoes repeatedly because of something substantial to wearing them.
However, keeping them looking the way they actually look as a new one is challenging. Many individuals let their Air force 1s go to rack and ruin them, only to invest in another pair several years later. How can you save money and get your air force ones clean and fresh as the way when you bought them? We have the answer to this simple question for you in this post.
This guide will help you to sort out your issue to clean your filthy sneakers of NIKE in the step-by-step guide. So, let us hover over the topic.
- These shoes can be worn at formal and casual events.
- Always use a soft brush to avoid ruining your shoes.
- Scrub on every tint two to three times when cleaning.
- You can use the magic eraser to avoid using the toothbrush.
Nike Air Force Ones
Nike shoes use for casual and formal wear; however, the air force ones are also by NIKE brand, initiated with Air Force 1s and passed on to Air Force 2, 3, and more.
Moreover, the shoe comes in different colors, while the most common air force 1s sold are solid white and solid black. The Nike logo is sheltering to the bottom of the laces, but with the hole on both sides, you can remove it via sliding it off the shoelace.
Correspondingly, it comes with a velcro strap; the mid strap is safe for the shoe meanwhile the high strap is not fixed.
Related: THE MODERN SNEAKER RESELLER: THE TECHNICAL SIDE OF THE BUSINESS
Clean your Nike Air Force Ones (Some Vital Tips)
Whenever you are cleaning your shoes, it is essential to be cautious because if you are not careful with them, you can easily damage your shoes. So, it would not mean full for you to clean them.
Some essential tips you have to remember to prevent damaging your Nike shoes are,
- Don’t use the washer, which can cause the fabric of your shoes to fade or dwindle.
- Sidestep to scrub too hard at the material because if you scrub it harshly, it can peal out your shoes’ material.
- Use the washing machine for cleaning, if necessary. If you do it two times a year, it can cause the leather out of your shoes.
- Do not use exacting chemicals on your shoes.
- Avoid leaving water on them for too long, which can cause them to lose shape.
- Do not use a blow dryer to dry your shoes because it can cause the fabric to melt.
Do you Wanna Clean your Air Force 1s At Home?
If you have a pair of white or black Air force Ones, you know they don’t stay hygienic for long. Your shoes become filthy with constant wear and tear. However, there are many home remedies to neat and clean them.
So let us get rid of the filthy and yellowish-looking shoes and dive into the home cleaning remedy to clean them. Here we instruct you on the steps by step guide to follow.
Step1: Collect the ingredients
Step2: Make a mixture of water and detergent
Step3: Put your shoes in a washing machine
Step4: Clean the harsh tints
Step5: dry your shoes
Step6: Clean shoe laces
Gather Ingredients to Clean your Sneakers
First of all, what do you need if you are going to confront the build of blood, sweat, dirt, and sobbing on your shoes? You can use various equipment to clean the stubborn dirt from your Nike Air Force. Here’s the list.
- Baking soda
- Soft brush
- White vinegar
- Washing machine
- Laundry detergent
- sneaker cleaning solution
- Plastic tub
- Microfiber towel
Now let us hover over the remedies you can apply to whitewash air force 1s special NIKE shoes, so they look new.
Use Laundry Detergent to Clean White Air Force 1s (Ones)
If your shoes are made of leather or rubbery sole, so, fortunately, they are probably accessible to hygienic. To Make a mixture to clean your white sneakers, follow these simple steps.
- Pour two to three cups of warm water into a plastic tub.
- Now add one tablespoon of detergent or show cleaner.
- Dip the brush in the mixture and scrub away at the whole shoe.
- Then scrub the inside part of the shoe around the ankles and at the tip of the shoe.
- Keep rubbing three to four times or until the stains begin to lift.
- Now use the microfiber towel to eliminate any additional product on the shoes.
Note: Do not soak your shoes in the water and detergent solution.
Put your Air Force 1s in the Washing Machine
Place your Nike sneakers into the washing machine when you get tired or think rubbing the brush can’t solve your issue. Now let the machine try to do some work. Ensure that you put your sneakers and lace separately in a laundry bag. Track the below guide to know how to clean the washing machine.
- Put your shoes in the machine with other clothes like towels and bedsheets to make sure that they are not brisk around.
- Pour the water and detergent into the machine and set the dial to low power. Now put your sneakers outside the machine.
Using Baking Soda and White Vinegar to Clean the Stubborn Stains
After removing your sneakers from the washing machine, some harsh stains remain. So, you can apply a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to clean the stubborn stains of your Nike Air Force. Follow the below guide to spread on this step.
- Pour a bowl of a little white vinegar and some baking soda.
- Mix them well to make a solution. Then apply this mixture to the stains by using the toothbrush.
- Now leave it for at least five minutes, then scrub onto the stains and dirt with the brush.
- After that, rinse all of the excess mixtures with the water.
Use Toothpaste to Clean Shoes
If you do not have baking soda or vinegar at home, then use non-gel toothpaste, as it serves as an alternate cleaning solution. It functions on stains and scuffs marks.
First, clean your shoe with a damp cloth to remove the dirt. Then use a soft bristled brush or fiber to apply the toothpaste to any dirty areas. Now, softly scrub the toothpaste on dirty areas, and then remove the whole show clean when done.
Use Micellar Water & Household Cleaning Eraser
Although Micellar water is intended to cleanse the skin, it is gentle and sufficient to use on leather shoes. The molecules in Micellar water work on dirt, removing them away from the surface and leaving your shoes clean and white.
Additionally, if you are wearing air force 1s all day, then it’s better to have a cleaning eraser at home for instant & easy cleaning. To use it on your shoes, just dip it in water, and use it to scrub out stains from the leather upper and the sole of the shoe.
Air Dry Your White Nike Air Force 1s
After cleaning and rubbing the stains, it is good to let them air dry your shoes for at least 24 hours to give them time to air out. Put them on a cloth near an open window or fan. Keep in mind that don’t put them into the washing machine dryer because the warmness can cause harm to your shoes.
NOTE: you can leave your shoes outside to dry out. Keep in mind that the sun will source the shoes to shrink, so lay them in a shady place.
Clean Shoe Laces of Air Force Ones
When the sneakers become dirty, the laces also get dirty or filthy. Because they also come into contact with the ground with the dirt and dust. To clean your shoelaces, do follow these simple steps.
- Pour the warm water into a tub and add the detergent powder.
- Mix the solution well and soak the laces into it for 30 minutes.
- Then take them out and scrub them well with the toothbrush while they are damp.
- After cleaning the dirt from the laces, air dries them like your shoes.
How to Get Rid of Grass Stains from Air Force 1s
However, a damp cloth and gentle cleaning agent will work with many marks on your shoes, but you can also be needed to use a special cleaner on tougher stains. Use rubbing alcohol, vinegar, or leather cleaner to remove grass stains from Air Force 1s.
Method: Try dabbing the stain with a cotton ball or cloth dipped in isopropyl alcohol and check if the stain lifts. If it doesn’t work well, wet the stain with white vinegar and allow it to stay for 30 minutes before scrubbing it with a toothbrush. You may also try a store-bought leather cleaner to take off the stain.
It’s essential to take care of your shoe after cleaning them. Here are some tips to assist you in keeping them looking good for longer:
- Make certain they are entirely dry before wearing them again.
- Concern a protectant spray after cleaning to keep them looking newer for longer.
- If they get filthy, you can neat them with a wet cloth.
- You can also replace the shoes, laces, or soles if you want to.
- Put them in a cool, dry place when you think you will not wear them for a long time to keep them looking fresh pairs.
Q:1 Does you Put Air Force 1s in the washing machine?
Ans: No, avoiding the washing machine and hand washing instead is best. Make sure to check the care instructions on the label, or you may check the official Nike page. However, water and leather sneakers do not work well together and can be damaged your shoes.
Q2: How do I reduce shoe odor?
Ans: A very easy-to-do method of reducing shoe odor is to put them in Sunshine for about 30 minutes. It will help in killing germs and remove smells naturally. It is a good practice to put your running/jogging shoes under the sunlight after being used, permitting them to aerate.
Take before and after pictures to see the result. We anticipate that these steps will help you clean your NIKE Air Force Ones – 1s, and you will be satisfied at the end. However, if you know of any other remedy to clean white or black sneakers, tell us in the comment section.