Quick Add is one of the best features that allow you to view similar people you may be familiar with via mutual friends or other features. But still, some people do not entirely know about this feature and how it works. So, in this blog, we will let you know all about the quick add on Snapchat.
Snapchat is a massively popular social media app, mainly used by youngsters. Where they can share their occurrence and stories. Moreover, the “Quick Add” feature holds a list of other SC users who you might know and will show a list of people with whom you share mutual friends. So, let’s move on to talk more about the Snapchat Quickadd feature.
Overview of Quick Add Feature on Snapchat
The Quickadd feature holds a list of other Snapchat users you might know and displays a list of individuals you share mutual friends with. Hence, quick and is a section occupied with friends of friends. It will let you make new contacts. Moreover, if your friends have just removed their old accounts and started their Snapchat journey with a new account, it will also come into view on this list. It will be helpful for you in growing the Snapchat network.
How does Snapchat’s Quick Add Option work?
It is stated that the Quick add feature functions with the same algorithm that assist you set up your profile as soon as you sign up. So let’s explore how it works.
· Mutual Friends or People You May Know
The first person that will emerge when using Snapchat Quick Add will most likely be a mutual friend’s profile. If you share mutual friends with someone that is already your Snapchat friend, then Quickadd friend recommendations will be personalized for mutual friends. That’s why you see a known name when opening the Quick Adds for the first time.
· Phone Contacts & New Users
If you allow Snapchat access to your contact list on the phone, the platform will locate mutual people present within your contact list. Moreover, the new people will also appear on the Quid add option.
· Social Media Account Connected to Snapchat
You will see most of the random users recommended by the app. If you have connected Snapchat to other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. So this will occur. Further, it is possible that old accounts that are deactivated and not in use anymore also emerge on the Quick Ad list.
How to Make New Friends with Quick Add on Snapchat
Now, you know what the Quick Add feature is and how it works. So let’s move to the steps that will help you add new friends with the Quick Add feature.
- View the Snapchat application.
- Then, tap on the “Add Friends” icon.
- After that, you will detect the “Quick Add” option.
- Now add the people you are familiar with to grow your Snapchat network.
- Now cheers! You have effectively grown your Snapchat network with the Quickadd feature.
Add Your Friends With a Barcode
In Snapchat, each user has a special code. So you can give your snapcode to anyone, and they can scan it with Snapchat to add you as a friend. And you can also add them too. So let’s move forward with the steps.
- You have to direct the camera at a user’s scancode when they show it to you while using the app. Then, Snapchat will automatically detect it.
- You will have a window that will show you a person’s username, so click on” Add Friend.”
- If you wish to show your scancode to someone, then click on your profile picture and then touch the photo to expand the snapcode and allow someone to scan it.
Add Friends Through Your Contacts
Maybe this was the method you loved the most. If you cannot locate a friend on Snapchat by their username, it is because Snapchat connects an account with the person’s contact number. After all, you cannot log in to Snapchat until you provide a valid phone number. Using Snapchat will allow you to see who has a Snapchat account linked with your contact number.
- Choose your profile picture from the upper left of the screen. This will view your profile page.
- Choose “Add Friends,” placed below the profile picture.
- Then, below the search option, there will be a tab tagged “All Contacts.”
- Snapchat will list all the phone numbers with a Snapchat account associated with their phone number under “Friends on Snapchat.” So, from the right of your username, click on “Add.”
Is it Possible to Remove Who’s Showing in Quick Add on Snapchat?
You can easily erase the user who is emerging as a suggestion if you do not want to add them. Simply tap on the “X” sign next to the “Add” button on the user profile. So, tap on it, and the user will vanish from the quick add list. When you do this, it means you are sending a clue to Snapchat that you do not want to add the person. Then, Snapchat will not show the user’s profile.
Removing Yourself From Quick Add?
If unnecessary friend requests make you annoying on Snapchat and you do not wish your profile to be displayed to others in the recommendation or quickadd, then you have to switch off this feature from the settings. Snapchat offers you this option too. With the help of these settings, you tell Snapchat that it does not display my profile to others in recommendations. So proceed to the steps to remove yourself from the Quick Add.
- Sign in to your Snapchat account with this information.
- Then, go back to the Account option.
- Next, tap on settings; now, you can check various options there just to move down until you locate the option “SeeMe in Quick Add.”
- After that, Touch on “See me in Quick Add.”
- Then, you can see if the option is marked, so tap on it to unmark it.
- When you are done with it, your profile will not display to others in recommendations.
Conclusion About the “Quick Add on Snapchat”
Snapchat is a well-known app all around the world and allows users to share their experiences with their friends. With the help of the Quickadd feature, you can easily grow your Snapchat network as it gives you suggestions of users based on your mutual friends, interests, and other aspects. The advantage of Quick Add is that you can meet different people you do not know who share the same interest with you. So, read the article and share your experience with the Quick Add feature.