As you know, the steering wheel is one of the most touching parts of the vehicle, and that’s why it is quite dirty from our hands by the time frame touch. However, it is also mostly ignoring part of the vehicle when the vehicle is manufactured in the factory. A dirty steering wheel affects the appearance of the car interior, but it can be the breeding ground for the germs that can cause any disease. So please keep it hygienic by following the article because it includes the strategy on how to clean the different types of the steering wheel with a cleaner solution once a week. And which type of leather steering wheel is the best for use and comfortable.
Best Leather Cleaner for Steering Wheels
There are many steering wheels cleaner which is available in the stores, but finding the best cleaner for your hoop is the next level choose to option. Therefore, we will tell you that chemical Guys SPI_109_16 is one of the best steering cleaners of all time that clean your leather purely. Additionally, the kit works for every type of leather material such as seats, interiors, jackets, shoes, sneakers, sofas, etc. everyone has some leather objects in their house. So, clean it with the smelting new OEM-approved leather solution.
Clean Different Kind of Steering Wheels
The steering wheel is the dirtiest part of the vehicle because the driver constantly touches it. And by that time, dirt, grease, oils, and more substances from our hands can build up dirt on the steering wheel surface. Therefore, we provide some solutions and chemicals to clean the steering wheel without any effort quickly. So, let’s clean it.
Clean a Vinyl Steering Wheel
The following steps will guide you on how to clean a vinyl steering wheel with a wonderful chemical cleaner.
- Wet a sponge and squeeze any excess liquid.
- Fill up the empty bottle with equal parts of water and vinyl to clean the steering wheel and shake the liquid before using.
- Apply/spray the liquid vinyl onto the sticky part of the wheel and let it stay for a few minutes to allow the mixture to dissolve into the sticky part.
- At last, scrub the wheel until they are scorched.
Clean Upholstery Steering Wheel
Here are the following steps to clean your upholstery steering wheel on your own. Let’s have a look.
- Clean the dirt with a microfiber cloth and mix an upholstery steering wheel cleaner with water.
- Shake it gently and let it sit for a few seconds.
- Take a towel and spray a cleaner directly onto the towel and rub the dirt off the wheel thoroughly but make sure the wheel should be dry before driving.
Clean an Alcantara Steering Wheel
Alcantara is a synthetic fibre that is used in racing interiors like seats and steering wheels. It tends to wear out if improper care and maintenance are not performed. Just to clean Alcantara, you will need a brush and a cleaner solution. And now by following the steps below, you can do it.
- Apply a cleaner directly to the Alcantara wheel surface or use a cleaner with a rubbing brush.
- Now, agitate the steering wheel with the brush for a few minutes.
- Rub the wheel gently with a cloth or towel against the wheel surface to remove the dirt.
- Now, allow your wheel to dry, then use your vehicle.
Clean a Rubber Steering Wheel
Take a recommended steering wheel cleaner (Chemical Guys CLD_700_16) and follow the steps below for the cleaning purpose.
- Make a dirt cleaner liquid by choosing your selected cleaner and water.
- Spray the cleaning liquid on a microfiber cloth, rub it gently on the steering wheel, and swipe it until it dries.
Making sure to dry the steering wheel is important because it may be slippery if it is not dried, and it can cause a problem when you are on the drive.
Clean a Sticky Steering Hoop
The following restoring sticky steering hoop cleaner steps are given below to keep your vehicle as clean as you like most.
- Make a chemical cleaner and water mixture and use a brush to clean the dirt onto the steering hoop of the vehicle.
- Then, use a dry towel or cloth and remove all leftover excess on the wheel.
If you are 100% sure that your wheel is still not clean, use water spray. And wipe it off with a towel. After drying, you can drive confidently.
Clean a Synthetic Resins Steering Wheel
The synthetic resin steering wheel is painted with polish to prevent mechanics from damaging it. But sometimes, people confuse the concept of plastic with synthetic resin. But the concept is that if you see a steering wheel covered with synthetic resin, it looks like it is covered in plastic. Here are the following ways to clean a synthetic resin steering wheel.
- Clean your steering wheel and make a cleaner solution by mixing a cleaner with water in the spray bottle.
- Now, clean the steering wheel of your vehicle. And spritz the cleaning solution with a towel and rub it gently for a few minutes’ unit it’s clean.
- Left it for a dry purpose and again clean it with a dry cloth. Now your vehicle is ready to go.
Note: Using a normal soap and water solution is enough to maintain the protective layer of the steering wheel.
Clean a Faux Leather Steering Wheel
Faux leather is one of the most common materials which is commonly used to make the steering wheel. However, it is cheaper than natural leather, which requires care and maintenance.
- Remove the dirt surface of the steering hoop with a cleaner and brush it quickly.
- Gently rub around the wheel with a cleaner and take care, don’t damage a button.
- Using a microfiber towel, remove dirt trapped in the cleaner solution. After spraying some water, wipe away the leftover product with a dry cloth.
Clean Plastic Steering Wheels
Here are the steps to clean the dirty plastic steering wheel with an all purpose cleaner in a spray bottle.
- To start cleaning, spray the cleaner directly onto your microfiber car cloth. Do not spray directly on the steering wheel or spread the cleaner on your dashboard, which makes your cleaning process a bit longer.
- Place your microfiber car cloth on the steering wheel and smoothly wipe around the wheel to clean the front, back, and top; you don’t have to be too cautious while cleaning the plastic steering wheels. Ensure to wipe the center of the wheel, where the car’s logo is.
- Moreover, if your steering wheel has buttons, avoid getting the APC product in them and push any buttons when you clean, especially if the vehicle ignition is on.
- Make sure all the dirt is removed using another microfiber cloth and apply a final wipe to the steering wheel.
If you feel your steering wheel is still dirty, spend more time scrubbing it with a scouring pad or brush. Remember to be cautious and do not use any additional product on your steering wheel as it will make the wheel slippery, which is unsafe for driving.
Clean a Leather Steering Wheel
Genuine Leather is usually found in modern-day cars that are of high-specification or luxury cars. They are made up of durable materials like Leather for a comfortable grip. Hence, they are more high maintenance than regular plastic. So do not pressure on your towel or fiber while cleaning. So here’s how you can remove the dirt from a leather steering wheel using a cleaner.
- Spray leather cleaner onto a proper leather cleaning brush and slowly scrub it without any force.
- Remove the excess leather cleaner and wipe it out with a soft microfiber.
- Now, apply leather conditioner or UV protectant.
Moreover, you can also use lemon juice along with the cream of tartar to remove spots & dirt grime from the leather steering wheel.
Cleaning Tips and Precautions
Always be cautious when scrubbing, don’t scratch or harm any of the material or color. Also, while using a microfiber or towel with the wheel cleaner, use the correct amount of cleaner or water to wet the steering wheel without making it drip.
Hence, you can clean your steering wheel using a professional service cleaner who provides both exterior and interior car wash services. They will do a detailed cleaning of your car.
Steering Wheel Cleaner
In conclusion, cleaning your steering wheel is necessary as you are eating food for your appetite. But it is a different process that belongs to the germs and dirt put on the steering wheel and this is so annoying for the people who drive a vehicle. Therefore, we described a cleaning of the different steering wheels by using a different standard cleaner solution that removes the whole dirt within a few minutes onto the steering wheel.