Do you ever feel the need to set up Voicemail on your phone? If yes, then we will let you know how you can easily set up voicemail settings on your iPhone. The voicemail feature on the iPhone lets you see all your voicemails without dialing a number. So, it is much needed to set up the Voicemail on your iPhone, as it is essential that if someone misses a call, then a caller can leave a voicemail. But first, you have to know how to set up Voicemail.
If you are the type of person who always prefers to talk via the messaging app, then Voicemail will be the best for you. Moreover, once you are done setting the Voicemail, you can adjust the notifications. Hence, the settings also let you see the voicemails without even listening to them. It permits you to record your own voicemail greeting, or you can also use the default voicemail. Now, let’s move to the steps to set up Voicemail on your iPhone.
How to Set up Voicemail Settings Within iPhone
If you want to receive your important voicemails, then set up today & stay updated by following the given steps that will apply on basic phones, android smartphones, Windows phones, and iPhones. So let’s explore the steps.
- First, you have to open the Phone app that is located at the bottom of the home screen.
- Second, from the bottom of the screen, click on Voicemail.
- If it has not yet been set up or requires to be set up again, then click set up now and follow the guidelines to make a voicemail password & select or record a greeting message.
Listening to Visual Voicemail on iPhone
When the visual Voicemail has been customized, new Voicemail will emerge in the Phone app in much the same way that emails emerge in your inbox. You will be able to see a complete list of all the voicemails you have gotten, including the time & date, voicemails lengths, and from whom they are coming. Then, you can view & listen to any voicemail simply by clicking on it, without the need for more steps.
- First, vie the Phone app and then click on the Voicemail You will see a list of voicemails you have received & remember that new messages will be highlighted with a blue dot.
- Then, click on a voicemail message to play. Then, new voicemails will play automatically.
Ensure that You are Using the Custom Greeting Voicemail
If you see that your outgoing voicemail greeting is a default means (the automated Voicemail often says subscriber is not available) and to drop a message, rather than a personal greeting or custom message recorded by you. So, it is possible it was by chance switched from Custom to Default. But don’t worry, you can easily correct it by following the given steps.
- First, open the Phone app and click the Voicemail tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Second, click on Greetings from the apex left of the screen.
- Then, you will see a mark option for Default or Custom on the greeting screen. If it is currently set to Default, then click on Custom.
- Next, to check the greeting, click Play. So to record a new custom voicemail, click on Record, Speak and then click on stop when you have done.
- After that, click on Save.
Dial your Voicemail directly to test it
If you feel any issue with your voicemail settings service at the cellular carrier on your iPhone. So here are some most straightforward steps so you can easily test your Voicemail.
- View the phone app and click on the Keyboard tab from the bottom.
- Then, click and hold the 1 key until the phone dials your Voicemail. Then, you should listen to your saved messages.
- Moreover, you can also open the Keypad tab in the phone app & dial your contact number by typing all the 10 digits. You will most likely need to type your Voicemail four-digit passcode if you do this.
If you do not memorize your password & need to reset it if your iPhone cannot connect to your voicemail settings. So, in this case, contact your cellular provider’s customer support to determine the problem. Now let’s move to the next section to fix the issue.
1. Switch your Cellular Service On & Off again
It isn’t very certain to resolve the problem by being completely transparent. So, you can do it before moving on to more time-consuming troubleshooting steps. You might be able to restore your Voicemail by switching the cellular radio on and off again. Here are the steps to how you can do it.
- Drag the Control Center down from the apex right of the screen.
- Then, click the Airplane mode button at the apex left of the screen.
- Next, wait for a minute and then switch off Airplane Mode by clicking the button a second time.
- After that, wait for the cellular radio to reconnect & attempt your Voicemail again.
2. Turn On & Off your Mobile Data Voicemail settings on iPhone
If the problem did not resolve, then switch your mobile data on & off; that might help. So you have first to open the settings > Cellular> turn cellular service off. Then wait a minute and next, again turn it on. Maybe this will assist with the iPhone voicemail issue.
3. Ensure your Carrier Setting Update
Your iPhone must need a cellular network connection for Voicemail to work. So gaze at the apex of your screen; there may be no service errors. It means that you are not linked to your carrier, which could be because of the sim card problem. To erase your SIM. Then insert the sim again.
Moreover, you may receive no service errors as your wireless carrier could be dealing with interruption. Thus, there is a chance that your wireless connection was canceled. Hence, you can upgrade your carrier settings manually via the settings app.
4. Reset the Network Settings
If your voicemail service appears to be normal but still not functioning on your iPhone, you have to restore the network setting. Hence, it will reset the whole set, including the Wifi and their passwords. So go through the steps if you want to try it.
- First, view the settings app and then click on General.
- Next, move down to the bottom & click on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Then, click on Reset from the bottom of the screen.
- After that, click on reset Network settings and verify you wish to do that.
Hopefully, you have understood how to set up the voicemail settings on your iPhone. You can also customize your own greeting if you want. You can set the default voicemail. Further, there is a chance that visual Voicemail may be unavailable as your carrier is facing disturbance. So follow the abovementioned fixes to get rid of the problems. If none of the methods work, you can also contact the service provider of your wireless plan for help. That’s all from us. Still, if you face any issues, feel free to comment on us. We will come up with another solution.