Snap Camera grew a burst of fame when working from home became the rule in 2020 due to the global pandemic. This application enhances the skill of video chat for professional instructive and personal use.
Inappropriately, all the good things must derive to an end: the Snap Camera app will be withdrawn on January 25, 2023. It means that you cannot download this app. Also, the app will no longer slog if you use it.
A Bit of Know-How on Snap Camera
It is a virtual cam app created by Snap .Inc allows users to use lenses to their face, computer-generated backgrounds, makeup, and filters using their PC or Mac webcam. The best part of this application is that users can use it as a webcam with their favorite third-party live streaming or video chat applications on their PC. Moreover, users can also choose filters or lenses that match their mood or style with selected compatible applications.
But unfortunately, the application’s support page exposes that it will shut down and be detached from January 25, 2023. After that date, as per the website, currently, the application is no longer accessible for download and is no longer in use.
So, it is better to uninstall the application and return to your default web camera.
How to Uninstall Snap Camera from Mac
- First of all, hover over to the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Here search for the Snap Camera app.
- Then right-click on the app when you find it.
- Now tap on the Move to Trash option from the pop-up menu list.
- After that, enter your password if incited to complete the uninstallation.
- Now restart your MacBook. That’s it. Now you are all set.
Uninstall Snapchat Camera on PC
- Firstly, tap on the Windows icon that you will see at the lower left side of your PC home screen.
- Now the start menu will open; tap on the settings option from the left side.
- Tap on the Applications option in the settings folder.
- Here, scroll down, search for the Snap Camera application, and click on it.
- After that, choose the uninstall option. Then you will ask to confirm your decision.
- Now start over your computer. That’s it. Now you are all set.