Curious to know how to transfer destiny 2 to Steam? The Destiny 2 Steam version is now accessible, which indicates the Battle.net version is done and dusted. So if you want to resume playing on PC, you’ll require to bring your account to the game’s new home. Fortunately, setting up your Destiny 2 Steam account is pretty straightforward.
Firstly, head to Bungie’s official Destiny 2 Steam page and hit Get Started. You’ll require to sign in if you haven’t already. From there, verify your email and your account, then accept the transfer agreement. There are a few inordinate stuffs to note here. Firstly, this transfer is only for one time and non-revocable perceived as Destiny 2 leaving Battle.net after Bungie’s split with Activision, AKA Battle.net partner Activision Blizzard. Secondly, the account linked at the time of the transfer is the one that will be run, so if you happen to use multiple Battle.net or Steam accounts for whatever purpose, make sure they’re in order before October 1.
Once you receive the transfer agreement, you’ll be prompted to link your Steam account. You’ll want to sign in to Steam for this phase, but another time, make sure it’s the account you intend to use to play Destiny 2. From there, you need to review and finish the setup. Before you achieve it, make sure all of your Guardians and DLCs show up correctly, as some players have reported missing licenses. These problems seem to have been resolved after some day-one troubles, but it’s worth checking.
If everything’s in order, settle the account transfer. Voila! You’re good to go. Log into Steam, download Destiny 2 again, and you should be proficient to log into your account like ordinary. Note that you will require to re-add your Battle.net friends on Steam, which is a part of a drag, but what can you do? At least we can join fire teams through chat commands now (try /id and /participate with the number you get). Give and take, as they say.
User Guide on Destiny 2 Move to Steam
Please don’t worry; the Destiny 2 transfer to Steam from Battle.net will take you ALL the Destiny 2 contented you have: Destiny 2, player accounts, Silver, extensions, yearly pass, etc. You can stay your adventure in Destiny 2: Shadow keep (the next chapter in the story) as long as the Destiny 2 Steam transfer is done before December 1, 2020.
How to Transfer Destiny 2 to Steam
- Enter the PC move page set up by Bungie to help users with the transfer process.
- Hit on the BEGIN TRANSFER key under Destiny 2 PC has moved to Steam.
- Select Net as your platform.
- Log into your Blizzard account by opening your Email or Phone, and Password.
- Browse your data: characters, Destiny 2 licenses, Guardians, game content, and silver; please make sure that everything is ok.
- Enter to the bottom of the Transfer Agreement and then hit Accept.
- Click Link Steam, and it will bring you to the corresponding sign-in page.
- Sign in to your Steam account under guidance.
- Verify the report and accept the terms and conditions to give your permissions to move Destiny 2 to Steam into the one-time transfer.
- The Destiny 2 Steam transfer is over when you notice a Success notice (You are now ready to play Destiny on Steam for Shadow keep launch. Review your future Steam account below.)
Destiny 2’s Transfer Things to Keep in Mind
Regarding Destiny 2’s transfer, it’s essential to keep a few things in mind:
- Destiny 2 will display unavailable on Battle.net on October 1, so you require to complete this process if you want to keep playing.
- You can pre-order Shadow keep via Steam, and it will apply correctly to your transferred account on October 1.
- You should set up Steam Guard to make sure other players don’t steal your account. To fix this, hit on Steam in the upper-left corner, and hit on settings. Separate Account, and seem for the link to manage Steam Guard settings. Steam Guard gives you a few options, like emailing a secondary code to you or letting you use the Steam app on your phone to verify the login.
- If you don’t transfer your account before October 1, you won’t be able to play Destiny on Battle.net. It’s presently imprecise if players will maintain their development if they don’t switch before Shadow keep’s unveiling. We’ve reached out to Bungie, asking for clarification.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: How do I transfer my destiny two from ps4 to Steam?”]A: Head to Bungie’s Cross-Save sign-in page. You’ll first require to sign in with the platform that you have your main Destiny 2 (with your favorite Guardians) data tied to, whether it’s Battle.net, PlayStation, Xbox, or Steam. Later that, sign in to the account on the platform(s) to which you need to extend your account.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Do I have to rebuy Destiny 2 on Steam?”]A: Your question is categorically no, and you do not need to buy Destiny 2 base game. On October 1, when Destiny 2 is available on Steam (and the new Expansion Shadow keep), a new program called “New Light” launches. That new light content is available on Xbox and PlayStation as well.[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: Can you transfer ps4 Destiny 2 to PC?”]A: Destiny 2 permits you to transfer your all the characters from PS4 to your system. Once Shadow keep launches, it will allow you to share your character between platforms, given you have the same version on each one (meaning the exact expansions and DLCs).[/wps_faq][wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Q: How do I transfer my destiny character from Destiny 1 to 2?”]A: You have to create a new character; the only thing you can do is make it look like your warlock from D1. You cannot transfer your characters from the initial game to the second.[/wps_faq]
Ultimately, all in-game events and new activities like Gambit, Black Armoury Forges, and The Menagerie will be combined. Destiny 2 will continue to provide a seasonal pass, but these can now be bought on a per-season basis instead of shelling out for the full yearly pass. If you don’t want to shell out any extra, you can get free-tier seasonal ranks and rewards. You are also ready to hit the max power level without purchasing additional content. Share your valuable views and suggestions in the comment box section below.