From ashy tones to honey balayage and caramel, the options are almost never-ending if you want to dye your hair blonde. And it is the most standout hair color you can have that can increase your look fluently. So if you don’t want to spend hours at a salon, here we have to share how you can dye your hair blonde accurately at home.
Steps to Dye Your Hair Blonde At Home
- Step 1: Mix Hair Dye
To dye your hair blonde properly means getting the accurate ratio of developer to bleach. Mix the powder bleach sachet and cream peroxide as per the instructions written on the instruction page of your preferred dye brand. Combine painstakingly till there are no lumps and the mixture is good and smooth.
- Step 2: Brush your Hair
Make sure your hair is straightened out before you start to apply the blonde dye at home. Keep in mind that the slightest knot can originate a big problem.
- Step 3: Section your Hair
Now create a middle part that runs to the back of your head and divide the hair into 4 sections. 2 in front of your ears and 2 in the backside. You can use clips to make sections and work through them front to back. Furthermore, this will help to make sure all hairs get coated evenly.
- Step 4: Start Applying the Dye
After that, apply the mixture from the roots when coloring your full head. Because roots will require to be extended to develop the color, and the front section is also the most visible area. Then comb through to the trimmings.
- Step 5: Leave the Dye to Work
Leave the blonde hair dye to slog its charmed for at least 25 to 45 minutes at home. Or check the time on the instruction page.
- Step 6: Rinse your Hair Properly
Don’t put on the shampoo instantly after dyeing your hair. As soon as you get up, just rinse the dye with water first. When you shampoo your hair, ensure it is sulfate-free because it can swell your hair shaft and boost the color to trickle out.
- Step 7: Final Touch
Now all that is leftward to do is dry, style, and rock your new appearance of blonde hair, et voila!
Bits of Advice for Dyeing Your Hair Blond at Home
- Ensure you do your 48 hours of the hair strand and skin sensitivity test before putting on the dye. It will help you check that your skin and hair respond well to the formula.
- Check that you have sufficient dye because if your hair is longer than shoulder length or thick, you will likely require 2 kits.
- Wear old clothes that you would not mind accomplishing bleach on, and put your gloves on.
- Accumulation Vaseline or coconut oil around the hairline will avoid the dye from tinting your scalp to dye blonde hair at home.
- Your dye will look more sophisticated when you trim it before you apply it. So it is virtuous to trim your hair before dye.
- You should take extra safety measures to prefer a shade that contests your skin tone.
- If you just want to add some highlights, use a clean toothbrush and apply where the sun normally lightens your hair.
- When you are just doing roots, keep putting coconut oil or Vaseline around the mid-shaft to help preserve any lightness or dimension on the hair.
- You don’t have to dye your whole head if you are doing gray hair. Just apply the dye to the specific gray areas.
- If your ends are dry so, don’t put the dye on them. In its place, when you are supposed to rinse your hair before 3 minutes, add 2 spurts of shampoo into the dye left in the bottle. Wobble it up and put on the concoction to your ends.
- When you dye your hair blonde at home, you should only go one to two shades lighter than your base color.
- Before you rinse out the color, sprinkle a little water on your head and schmaltz your hair with your hands for a few seconds. It emulsifies the dye and moves it all around so you don’t turn out with any lines or streaks.