Sometimes it happens that you no longer want to continue the membership. Maybe due to the cost of the eBooks and a lack of your desired titles, whatever the reason, if you are dissatisfied with your membership. So, you can easily cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription anytime to avoid unnecessary expenses. However, canceling means, you may lose all of its services. For example, they’ll be gone for a while if you’ve borrowed books. But the only condition is if you paid for multiple months until the date of the following payment.
Basically, Kindle Unlimited is a program where you can read all your favorite books from the Kindle library. But actually, it tricks you and offers limited eBooks and services. That means you don’t get full access to all of Amazon’s published services. Moreover, you can read countless books or magazines monthly according to your desire. But you can only store ten at a time on your Kindle. So, let’s move to the following section to see the details of withdrawing a subscription.
Reasons Why You Can’t Cancel Your Kindle Unlimited Subscription
There are a few reasons you cannot cancel your Kindle Unlimited subscription.
- If you have an outstanding balance on your KU account, then you need to pay off your debt before canceling your subscription.
- Suppose you have an active subscription to another Amazon service like Prime. You need to cancel Prime first.
- If Amazon blocks your cancellation request for some reason, then you need to contact customer service.
Steps to Cancel Your Subscription through the Website & App
Canceling a subscription to Kindle Unlimited is relatively straightforward, and you can apply the process on multiple devices in different ways. So, apply according to your convenience:
1. Kindle Unlimited Account via Kindle Page
The fact is that Kindle Unlimited is the ideal eBook service currently, but not for everyone. Still, if you want to withdraw your subscription, then follow the below steps:
- Firstly, move to Amazon Kindle Unlimited page and then sign in. Then, you may see you’re an overview of your Kindle Unlimited Subscription.
- After that, click on the Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership button in the left hand corner.
- Now, tap on the Cancel Membership.
- A new page will appear asking a question, “Are you sure you want to end your membership?”
- A confirmation page shows that cancellation was successful, and your existing subscription will continue until the next renewal date.
Note: If you are accessing a paid service, you have to withdraw before the next billing period to avoid additional charges.
2. KU Membership via Kindle App
An additional method of withdrawing membership is through an app which you can access on any device, whether on Android or iOS. Hence, go through the following process:
- Firstly, open the Kindle
- Secondly, click on the Store option from the main menu.
- After opening the store menu, click on Kindle Unlimited.
- Now, choose the tab Manage Membership.
Until the next billing date, your membership remains active. Thus, you will lose access to all your checked content when your billing date passes.
3. Kindle Unlimited Membership via Amazon Account Website
Another straightforward way of rescinding your Kindle Unlimited membership is through the Amazon Account page, which you can access on a desktop computer. So, no need to bother and easily apply the given steps:
- Initially, access Amazon’s website on your preferred browser, and at the top of the screen, tap on the tab saying Hello, Sign in.
- Then, type in your log-in your credentials to access the Amazon account.
- Choose the Account Lists option from the pull-down menu and then click on the Kindle Unlimited
- After that, you can view an overview of your Kindle Unlimited Subscription.
- On the left hand corner, click on Cancel Your kindle unlimited Subscription.
- A new window will appear asking for confirmation, then tap on the Cancel Membership
- A confirmation page will show that the cancellation was successful. Now, you can enjoy the subscription until the end of your billing cycle.
How to Check Whether or Not the membership has been Cancelled?
If you are accessing automatic renewal subscriptions, then it is better to double-check with the service source that they have effectively canceled everything. Hence, there are two ways to check the membership status of Kindle Unlimited:
1. Test Out the Kindle Unlimited Account Page
In the beginning, you just need to access the account page. When you reach on the page, check the expiry date of your subscription. The end date represents that you have already set your account to cancel Kindle Unlimited. See the detailed instructions step by step:
- Move to the Amazon Kindle Unlimited account, where you will get to know the summary of your Kindle Unlimited Subscription presenting the confirmed End Date.
- If your account is already canceled or the End Date is nearly reached, then you will know that you cannot access the Amazon Kindle Unlimited account.
2. Test Out Through Your Registered Email
An additional way of rechecking the membership cancellation is to check your registered email. Luckily, Amazon has a feature that will alert you if any changes are made to your account, orders, subscriptions, etc. So, check your email, on which you will see the date of your cancellation of unlimited subscription and a Continue Membership button; if you have changed your mind now or later, and a few titles at the bottom to go through them.
Is it Possible to Renew Amazon Kindle Unlimited?
If you have terminated your kindle unlimited subscription and now wish to renew it for a bit longer time. Here’s how you can do it.
- First, go to Amazon website on your web browser, and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Choose the “Accounts & lists” scroll-down menu within Amazon and tap on “Kindle unlimited.”
- Now, choose “Continue Kindle unlimited Membership.”
Your membership is now restored; there aren’t any verification boxes so be mindful that once you tap it, the subscription will automatically renew.
Update Your Kindle Book Version After Renewal
Once you have decided to renew your KU subscription, you need to update your Kindle Book Version available on Amazon, including corrections and improvements.
- Head over Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Find your Kindle book.
- If available, choose Update Available, and then select
Tips: If you want to receive automatic book updates from the publisher or author. You need to enable Automatic Book Update on the Preferences tab in Manager Your Content and Devices.
How to Update Your Ku Membership Payment Information
- Head to Manage your Kindle Unlimited Membership and sign into your Amazon account.
- Click Edit Payment Settings under the title Manage Membership.
- Choose a different card option or enter a new one.
However, Amazon Store cards won’t be used to pay for Kindle Unlimited subscriptions at this time.
1: Does Amazon Give refunds on terminating Subscription?
Ans: No, Amazon does not give a partial or full refund on canceling your Kindle Unlimited membership. As a result, you will not only not get a refund for the current month but also have not to pay the bill again on the renewal date.
2: Is It Possible To Cancel A Subscription At Any Time?
Ans: Yes, you can withdraw at any time. But by canceling Amazon Kindle Unlimited and many other services, you prepay for the next month. Consequently, the cancel button withdraws your subscription when the current billing cycle ends.
3: Can You Keep the Downloaded Books?
Ans: No, your downloaded books are no longer accessible on withdrawing accounts when the current billing cycle is over. Still, if you are interested in any book, you can check Amazon’s shopping portion and buy a digital copy on the website. Another thing to remember is to check the renewal date while reading before canceling and plan accordingly.
You may now know the quick and easy process of withdrawing from Kindle Unlimited for any reason. But make sure to always check your subscriptions and search for good deals according to your budget for your convenience.
Thus, you can cancel the subscription anytime, but then you lose all your content and other services. So, it is better to use its free trial first. However, if you change your mind regarding rescinding, then you can also renew it. Hopefully, all the above canceling subscription methods are pretty useful for you. Hence, let us know your views about the article in the comment box.