What are Fortnite patch notes and how does it enhance the gaming experience?
Fortnite is an online video game developed by Epic Games; the game was released in the year 2017. The game has three different game modes, using the same engine; each game has similar graphics, art assets,and game mechanics.
Fortnite: Save the World
It is a player versus environment co-operative game. Four players collaborate towards a common objective on numerous missions.
Fortnite: Battle Royale
It is a player versus player game for up to one hundred players. This game allows players to play alone, in a duo, or in a squad which usually comprises of three to four players.
It is a sandbox game mode similar to Minecraft. In this game, the players are given the freedom to spawn everything that is within the game on an island and they can create games such as battle arenas, racecourses, platforming challenges, and much more.
Many game developers like Epic Games release patch notes for their games such as Fortnite to enhance the gaming experience. Fortnite patch notes comprise hidden game updates which generally affect the gameplay by introducing minor changes to the existing gameplay elements.
Despite being a popular game, Fortnite patch notes have at times caused a couple of issues for its players. Usually, things do run smoothly after a quick Fortnite patch note update, but due to the sheer volume of people trying to play the game, it becomes inevitable that some issues may occur. The issue that seems to trouble players after a Fortnite patch note update is that the player seems to lose connection to the game’s server.
To overcome the problem caused by Fortnite patch notes, players have the option to restart their console. Moreover, logging out of the game and logging back in could help get past the Fortnite patch notes. If none of the methods work, then players have no option but to get in touch Epic Games support desk to resolve the problem that they are facing because of the installation of Fortnite patch notes.
However, despite the issues caused by the Fortnite patch notes, it is pertinent to note that one of Fortnite’s biggest success as a game is due to its regular updates and patches. The Fortnite patch notes help in keeping the game fresh and exciting for the players.
After, every couple of months, a new ‘season’ of the game is released with a different theme, new content, and updates to the game’s map.
The game is then updated with regular patches to introduce new elements and fix issues. During this, the Fortnite patch notes are released by the developer Epic Games to detail what the new additions are and to report on what bugs have been fixed in the latest update.
Recently, on July 21, 2020, Epic Games released update 13.30 for the following gaming consoles; PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Personal Computer, Nintendo Switch, Android, and IOS.
The Fortnite 13.30 patch notes comprise of the following upgrades:
- Summer Splash Limited Time Modes (LTMs):Another wave of LTMS has entered the Summer Splash rotations which include Payback! , Catch! And One-Shot.
- The Sea Sons Evolve: As water levels recede, familiar locations are revealed and new challenges surface.
- Get the band together-Teamwork required: New challenges have been added which are recommended for group play.
- Build-a-Brella: The final challenge for Build-a-Brella has now been made available.
- The Mobile HUD Layout tool has been updated.
- Aquaman: All of Aquaman’s challenges have been made available which include all of his rewards- including his outfit with bonus Arthur Curry style.
- Many of the Island’s vehicles have been recalled.
Moreover, the new update has also made several important bug fixes and tweaks in gameplay.
- Supply Drops at The Authority may at times not open after the players have searched them.
- The weekly challenge, “Collect Floating Rings at Steamy Stacks” has been replaced by the “Search Ammo Boxes at The Fortilla” Challenge.
- Black rectangles can appear behind the player’s character when turning around in the storm.
- All forms of gliding, including deploying from Jule’s Glider Gun, or a launchpad may not work properly when around The Authority.
Subsequently, the Fortnite V.13.40 update on 12th August 2020, was met by players of the game with open arms. It brought the promised cars to the map; hence the Fortnite map was filled with growling car engines as the players tried them out.
Moreover, a maintenance patch was also released to address outfit related issues on Xbox One and Mac. Earlier IOS and Mac users had reported a bug about the outfit of Aquaman which was fixed through the maintenance patch.
To conclude, it would be safe to say that Fortnite has proven to be a huge success for the gaming developer Epic Games. The unique thing about this game is that the developers keep working to improve the gameplay to cater to the demands of the players so that they enjoy the game to the fullest and have been successful in doing so. As a result of the continuous improvements, through Fortnite patch notes, the game keeps getting more and more competitive, thus, the players have gotten addicted to the game.