Amazon is one of the most extensive online platforms where people sell and buy things. It’s an American company mainly focusing on e-commerce, digital marketing, and artificial intelligence. All the big and valuable brand also sells their product hereto the different sellers. But if you are working permanently as an active user, always update your credentials which is necessary for running your account. Furthermore, if you recently changed your phone number, update your Amazon account too. If you don’t know how to do it, you have come to the right place to learn on how to change your phone number on Amazon.
Overview of Amazon
The revolutionary company Amazon was founded in July 1994 by Jeff Bezos and officially announced publicly in May 1997. In 1998, it began selling videos and music internationally. Additionally, its international operations started when it acquired online books sellers from Germany and the United Kingdom. Amazon’s success and popularity were evident when it was listed as the fastest-growing company on the Fortune 500 list. It has continued to grow, making the Fortune 500 list over 100 times since its founding. In addition, Amazon has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, which tracks the performance of the world’s largest companies concerning environmental and social responsibility.
How To Change Your Phone Number on Amazon Via Computer
Getting to browse Amazon on a desktop is a favorite pastime for many people. The good news is that you can easily change your password if you fit into this category. Here are the following steps below to know more.
- Open the official website of Amazon on your favorite browser.
- A sign-in link will be located on the top-right corner of the page, and fill out the credentials to log into your account. Then click continue.
- In the following blank, fill in your password. Then click on the Sign-in.
- You will undergo an authentication process, in which Amazon will email you an OTP (one-time password). You need to click the ‘Continue.’
- In your email, look for the six-digit code Amazon has emailed you.
- Enter the OTP in the slot on the Amazon page and click Continue. And with that, the authentication process ended.
- On the top-right end corner of the page, there will be a named “accounts & list.” Click on it and choose your account.
- Now, select the “login & security” option.
- Here, you will see the phone number next to the email. Click on the Edit and re-enter the password, then hit sign in.
- The browser will take you to the “Change Mobile Phone Number.” Now click on the edit option.
- In the given appropriate blank, enter your new mobile number.
- Once you have entered the number, click on save changes to update your account credentials.
How To Change Your Phone Number On Amazon Via Android Phone
Don’t have a computer? No worries. You can also change your Amazon account phone with your Android phone. Before going through the process, make sure you have downloaded the Amazon app. While you can reach Amazon directly via the browser, using the app is more convenient. Now open the PlayStore and download the app to follow the further process as given below. Open the Amazon application on your Android phone.
- If you have not yet logged into the Amazon app, you can login by adding your email and password.
- Now, you will see three dots in the top left corner of the page. Tap on it.
- Click on “My Account” and choose the Login & security option.
- Now you will see the mobile phone option next to the email. Tap on the edit button.
- Enter your new phone number in the given blank.
- Then continue and tap on save changes.
By going through this process, your account’s phone number has been successfully updated. Now you can order anything from your new number.
How To Change Your Phone Number on Amazon Via iPhone
The process of changing the phone number on amazon on an iPhone is the same as you would on an android phone. The only difference is that the app will directly take you to log in & security by tapping on the three dots, unlike android, which takes you to the Accounts first and then on the Login & security. There you can change the phone number easily. By going through this process, you have successfully changed the mobile phone number of your account.
The Amazon Revolution After It’s Launch
The emergence of Amazon has completely revolutionized the way of shopping. It is a very reputed company, with well-established customers and suppliers covering almost all sectors. Amazon initially was started as a marketplace to sell books by Jeff Bezos, but it ended up being “an everything store,” which includes books, phones, tablets, speakers, whole foods, confectionery, beauty essentials, and baby care products, and many more.
Furthermore, Amazon offers downloadable and stream able content like Twitch, Amazon Prime Video, and Amazon Music. It also has its product range, including fire TVs, tablets, echo devices, Kindle e-readers, etc. Amazon also has its publishing press named Amazon Publishing, which publishes books and owns a studio producing film and television content. Amazon is a big company, so they have been alleged with some severe allegations like tax avoidance, anti-competitive behavior, customer data collection practices, and much more. But still, Amazon didn’t stop and kept its working going.
The sole purpose of writing this article was to help people who had difficulty changing their account settings and solving their problems by giving them a step-by-step guide on how to do it and providing general information about the Amazon Company. And giving a brief history of that company, facing any issues? Let us know below! If you are facing any issues while changing Amazon phone numbers, then let me know for updating.